Saturday, July 19, 2008

Before and After..........

I found this by the side of the road about a year ago. It was a Post Office hutch that sat on a low table. I talked them into just selling the hutch for about 40.00 and has been sitting in my garage since. The top and the sides are oak, and the inside is pine. Finally stripped it and did a little restaining, wiped some Murphy's Oil, added some shelves and with the help of Mikes Moving Service ( Mike T and Mike Z) getting it down into my basement.....





TA DA...................................................................




A perfect scrapbook hutch !! It is sitting on my oak desk I had. The stains don't match but know matter how hard I tried I could not lighten up the wood. You should've seen the nails that came out of the thing. They must of been a least a hundred years old.



I found some great plastic storage that has hinge tops on them- 3 for 2.49 (which I may paint all one color) and jars at IKEA for the cubby holes. I am planning on picking up a few more. I will put my embellishments up there. The nook (center pic) to the right will be a space for the latest and great books, center for flowers and ( right pic) the left side will be for my pages in progress. The shelves are larger than 12x12 so will work out perfect. Now I want to paint the walls...........Hmm....what color??

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Looks very nice! Love the jars!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jan it turned out great! Can't wait to come see it! Great job!:) Do you go to the IKEA store very often? I'd love to go sometime but wouldn't wanna go alone. Maybe we could carpool sometime!
Jenn~

Jessica, Calvin and Boomer said...

So cool! I love that hutch it is so neat!

Anonymous said...

did you get your 12x12 shelfs sealed yet in it? How did it turn out after you did that? It looks really cool Jan, I'm jealous. I like it better then mine! I posted the pics of the rooms I painted and the other projects I did to my blog so you'll have to check them out. Also if you wanna get together and come over the week of Aug 11th to scrap with me let me know. I'll only have Carson that week. the other two are going to Ohio with their grandparents for a week. Looking forward to that week!:) Talk to you soon.
Jenn~